Because OrthodoxSearch is powered by Google technology, you can use all the advanced search operators accepted by Google.
A few tips:
- To search for a whole phrase, surround it by quotes: "this is a phrase."
- You can use AND and OR operators.
- Searches are not case sensitive.
- You can exclude a word by putting a minus sign ('-') in front of it.
- You can also search for a specific kind of file. E.g. if you want to only search for PDF files, simply add "filetype:pdf" to your search. Other accepted filetypes include: .doc, .ps, .ppt, .xls, and .rtf.
- If you want to search for pages in a specific country's domain name, you can type something like "inurl:ca" or "inurl:ru".
- Typing "link:example.com" will show all pages that link to example.com.
For more details, please see Google's basic and advanced guides.